Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a westinghouse LD505E Dryer. It has stopped working.

Customer Question

I have a westinghouse LD505E Dryer. It has stopped working. It has the same symptoms of the web question on your website.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The tub is not turning. I tried to move it by hand and at first it would not move. Then suddenly it began to move freely, but when button pushed on.....................NOTHING!
JA: Is there anything else the Whitegoods Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Yesterday we did sense a rubber smell, but it dissapaited quickly and kept working fine until this morning.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Whitegoods Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer: It sounds like the belt has broken and the idler switch is disengaged then it will not start. You like need a new belt. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!