AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
55003593

I have brought my fathers Westinghouse Freestyle freezer, model

Customer Question

I have brought my fathers Westinghouse Freestyle freezer, model FJ383Q-L over to my house as he is now in a nursing home and it wasn't being used. It has given him years of service without problems. Before I brought it home I ran it for a few days and it made rock hard ice.When I got it here (transported carefully) and turned it on, the compressor started, but the fan inside didn't. I adjusted the "coldness" control on the front down the bottom to full, but this didn't do anything. I had a look around the back and found a knob down the bottom left hand side and turned it, and the fan came on, and the frezzer got cold. While it is freezing, to an extent, food is not rock hard, like it was at his place. Does the control I've fiddled at the rear need to be adjusted again? I understand that when you move freezers problems can occur, but I feel it may be in the adjustments that are causing the lack of rock hard freezing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Peter
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
The internal fan will not come on until the temperature in the freezer is down between minus 6 - 10C. Once it has reached this temperature it should operate normally.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your response is not relative to my question.I did advise that the fan did come on after turning a knob at the lower rear of the freezer. In my question I said "I had a look around the back and found a knob down the bottom left hand side and turned it, and the fan came on, and the freezer got cold. While it is freezing, to an extent, food is not rock hard, like it was at his place. Does the control I've fiddled at the rear need to be adjusted again? I understand that when you move freezers problems can occur, but I feel it may be in the adjustments that are causing the lack of rock hard freezing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Peter". Again I ask is the knob at the rear that I've moved part of the problem and what is the remedy to the food not freezing as normal.