Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Australia Whitegoods

I purchased a side by side fridge freezer serial no 84813478

Customer Question
a couple of years ago...
I purchased a side by side fridge freezer serial no 84813478 a couple of years ago and now find that the freezer is icing up - I have defrosted and dried the interior and it is now icing up again!! Help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/1/2016
AU Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Where is the ice building?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All over the interior of the freezer area - and the controls in the fridge section which set the temps for fridge and freezer. I did not dry off the frozen goods before I put them back in the freezer section - ??
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The motor sounds seem normal
Are the door seals good and tight all the way around?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yes - the unit is only a couple of years old
Ok is it mainly on the back wall of the unit?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No - the icing occurred at the back and on the top and bottom of each tray section. I took off the metal bit at the back of the freezer and uncovered that and found that there was a build up of ice in the bottom right hand corner which I removed and dried off before rescrewing the cover back on. I pulled the unit out and cleaned off the back and checked that - seemed ok.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There was no water under the unit when I cleaned there
That is a blocked defrost drain line in the freezer, you need to remove the items in the freezer section. Once they are all out remove the back panel INSIDE the freezer to get at the evaporator and Defrost Drain pan under the evaporator. You will see it is all iced over. You need to melt all the ice and that will expose a DRAIN HOLE towards the middle of the drain pan under the evaporator. Clear that out with a steamer, hot water with a turkey baster or compressed air Make sure the drain is working by pouring a half cup of really hot water down it and it should drain nice and fast If so put the unit back together and it will be all fixed!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did remover the back panel inside the freezer and found there was a build up of ice on the bottom right hand corner - which I removed and dried off. Bit confused about where the drain hole is as I could not see one. The unit is a KSM6100WB
Did you get to the evaporator?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry - granny here doesn't know what that looks like...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where does the water drain out to please
CLICK HERE
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
still waiting please
Did you not get my link??
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what link?
The one I sent...here it is againCLICK HERE
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the answer or did you just forget to rate the answer?
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician