Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Kelly I have an electrolux EWD 1377. I have the exact

Customer Question

Hi Kelly
I have an electrolux EWD 1377. I have the exact same problem as this guy: http://www.justanswer.com/australia-whitegoods/80fd7-electrolux-ewd-1477.html
How do I disconnect the heater? We do not use to the dryer either so it is not a problem.
Thanks
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi To disconnect the dryer heater you need to remove the top of the washer.There you will see the metal dryer chamber on top.Look at the very back of this and there you will see 4 wires. This is the dryer heater.Take a picture of the wires for furture referance if you need it.Then pull the wires off and just tape them up so they are out of the way. Then with the wires disconnected you should get the washer working.I take it the fault was the washer was stopping with the start light flashing or you are getting ED4 error code comming up? Either way then thats how you disconnect the dryer heater. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Daniel. This is very helpful.I have attached the image of the washing machine. Can you please point out which is the 4 heater cables? And how do I disconnect it?Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok look at the metal chamber that is in the middle running from front to back.At the very back right next to the rear panel in the centre you will see 4 white blocks. This is wiring it's just hidden under the rear panel.Use a screwdriver and push the white plastic blocks backwards and it will come off the heater.That's all you need to do.Regard
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi I see the question is still open on this. Do you still need more help on this?If not then could you please rate the answer to close the question. Many thanks