Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Fisher and Paykel Wash machine will not spin, all other

Customer Question

Fisher and Paykel Wash machine will not spin, all other functions seem to be ok, so it can't drain away water
JA: Sometimes, Fisher, appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Machine starts off on it's cycle gets to spin and starts making this loud noise, all lights on are. The machine is about a quarter full of water - so it won't drain out the water then can not spin, makes continuous noise, I have turned machine off and on again progressed to the spin cycle still nothing is happening
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No don't think so, machine is about 4 years old.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
HiHave you checked the filter at the bottom of the washing machine as this is usually the problem it gets blocked up and stops the water draining out.What you need to do is remove the plastic trim on the front at the bottom and behind there you will see the filter. Place a shallow tray under the filter and slacken it so the water can slowly drain out. Once the water is out you can fully remove the filter from there clear out any Debris you can see in there. Look inside the chamber where the filter goes on at the back you will see the pump impeller. Check there is nothing jammed up in their stopping it from turning.Once that is all clear we fit the filter and try the wash machine again on a rinse and spin and hopefully that sorted the fault out.Try that and see how it goes and let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much Daniel, I will have to check this tomorrow morning now as going out. Regards Cath
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

No worries thats fine.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open?

Do you need more help? If not then if you could rate the answer that will close the question down.

Many thanks

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I see the question is still open here, Do you still need more help on this?

If so just get back to me and i can advise further.

If not then if you could rate the answer that will close the question down on this.

Many thanks