Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

As per the adjacent problem - No power suddenly - no

Customer Question

As per the adjacent problem - No power suddenly - no display. Plug OK tested with other appliances- have replaced the on/off power switch of dishwasher. Have checked inside with multi-meter and only one of the red contacts going into the main computer-board has power. Similarly only one of the red contacts on the power/on/off button has power.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

What appliance make and model and issue are you having I do not see it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Westinghouse dishwasher wsf6602 about 2-3 years old. No power suddenly - no display. Plug OK tested with other appliances- have replaced the on/off power switch of dishwasher with new one. Have checked inside with multi-meter and only one of the red contacts going into the main computer-board has power. Similarly only one of the red wires to the on/off push button seems to have power.

Have you checked the wiring where the junction box is on the unit for any bad wire nuts or connections there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd like to have a reply from a new Expert if possible.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If you have power to the main control, then the control is likely going to need to be replaced. Make sure you have neutral to the control, of course, and replace the control if you do.

CLICK HERE