Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Australia Whitegoods

Blanco bfmc955ss oven door over extends and wont close tight

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
3/20/2016
AU Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Can you upload a picture of what it looks like as I think the hinges may be bent.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had better get my money back

I am sorry your images took awhile to load and come through I see the door and hinges but what does it look like on the unit?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Answer please. 11pm here.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is very poor service

We are on two different times zones I am in the US, the hinges are bent actually on the frame, someone must had either stood on the door or something heavy was put on the door. You would have to bend them back manually. Do you know how to do that?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is going on?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They are not bent as far as I can see. If they are, how do you suggest I bend them back?

The frame is bent. If you open the door the door likely extends slightly past horizontal. You basically need to remove the door and bend the frame slots forward. When the door is pressed on down it pulls the frame slightly forward bending the actually track in the frame. I use a piece of wood and a special pry bar to straighten them out I made for this issue.

AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician