Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a nine year old AEG Lavamat washing machine. It will

Customer Question

I have a nine year old AEG Lavamat washing machine. It will fill and pump but the drum won't turn to wash or spin I have cleaned the pump housing.Can you help?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It was washing and then didn't spin. I have unloaded it and placed only half the load back in but as i said it only pumps the water out but won't spin.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so. Thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is likely to be with the motor or the tub being unable to turn. Can you turn the tub by hand? Does the motor run after it fills?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?