Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

WD1457RD. Washes on all cycles fine. Dryer does not work. No…

Customer Question
Hi, WD1457RD. Washes on all...
Hi, WD1457RD. Washes on all cycles fine. Dryer does not work. No error codes showing. The illuminated dryer settings knob ring is never illuminated. In Diagnostic mode, it is illuminated so no problem with the indicators themselves. All diagnostic functions are OK, but sadly there are no diagnostics for the dryer. Any ideas? I'll give anything a shot!
Cheers
AndrewH
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/8/2016
AU Appliance Technician: johnnn40,
 replied 2 years ago
johnnn40

The first thing to check is the operation of the door safety interlock switch. Try starting the dryer cycle, while pushing in on the door edge opposite the hinges. Please let me know the result.

AU Appliance Technician: johnnn40,
 replied 2 years ago

If you find you need a replacement switch, its part number is ***** and the price is $13.30. You can purchase it at www.appliance.pros.com.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

AU Appliance Technician: johnnn40,
 replied 2 years ago

Do you need any more help, before your request times out?