Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an LG 7.5kg WT-H755TH and the dE error keeps

Customer Question
appearing when you put a...
I have an LG 7.5kg WT-H755TH and the dE error keeps appearing when you put a load on to wash. The machine is probably over ten years old is it worth fixing ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2016
AU Appliance Technician: JACUSTOMER-oobrmvjm-,
 replied 2 years ago
JACUSTOMER-oobrmvjm-

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my EYES & EARS! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem.

One minute please and I will be right with you.

here is my email address***@******.***
 replied 2 years ago

Sorry didn't noticed you are in Australia, I will have to opt out since I do not have a option to find you parts.

AU Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! That error means that the lid switch assembly has failed to send a message to the main control that the lid is closed. The lid typically rusts and the magnet falls out so the switch does not get actuated. At that age, I would replace the machine because the magnet and switch are both no longer available and there will likely be more issues soon to follow.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?