Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Panasonic NA 140VG3 keep turning off mid cycle. Have tried a

Customer Question

Panasonic NA 140VG3 keep turning off mid cycle. Have tried a number of different cycles.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it is shutting totally off, there is likely an issue with the power supply or the main electronic control. Do you have a meter to test the power supply voltage to the appliance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The power is fine. It seems to happen only on hot washes
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Does the machine turn totally off, nothing on the display at all, no lights?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whole display turns off. No lights. No alarms.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Does it do it right away if you select a hot fill, like maybe the hot solenoid is shorted and causing issues with the electronics?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. It was during the fill period. Didn't get to start the wash.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, so if you select a cold wash it will fill and wash fine, just not using hot water?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's correct. Didn't know that when first raising question. But I would still like to know what's causung it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like the hot water solenoid may be shorted or the element has issues. The element is much more likely to be at fault. You could remove the top of the machine and unplug the how water valve and start a warm wash and if it still trips, the element is likely faulty. If it does not shut off, then the hot water solenoid is likely faulty.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?