Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Miele dishwasher is saying waterproof and is still

Customer Question
My Miele dishwasher is...

My Miele dishwasher is saying waterproof and is still sounding like its on....is it trying to dry out the water in the baseman? Should I leave it on or switch it off??

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Well it was saying drain....with water in the base, I wasn't sure how to do so I cleaned all the internal components and then ran an empty pots cycle then it's now showing waterproof on the display and making a sound, hum from outside and when I open the door it's like an airy gurgle. I read someone's else's response about the waterproof issue and you replied saying there's water in the base. But the other person didn't report any sound

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
3/3/2016
AU Appliance Technician: md20/20,
 replied 2 years ago
md20/20

you'll want to flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher until the water in the base pan below the dishwasher is removed or else the drain pump will just continue to run until it's dry. To remove the water, you'd need to pull the dishwasher out and tip it backwards a bit to remove the screws going into the bottom sheet metal panel. Remove the bottom sheet metal panel and then dry all the water out in the pan where you released the panel.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

AU Appliance Technician: md20/20,
 replied 2 years ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?