Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I gave, My apologies... i have a 2 and 4 year old trying to…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** i gave

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My apologies... i have a 2 and 4 year old trying to help me type and they keep hitting send! My name is ***** ***** i have a whirlpool ADP962. The start light is flashing and it wont run programmes. If i hold the start button down the start light stops flashing the machine srarts to work for about 30secs or so and then stops and the start light flashes again. Ive tried unplugging for a few minutes and then restarting so the machine might reset. That made the machine work for 2 mins and tgen it stopped and the start light wash flashing again. I also removed the food catch basket and silver cover tray that surrounds it. There was a bit of white slime? Around that so cleaned all that up. Noticed some water in that area so held start butyon down again and after the 30 secs of machine running it had decreased. Im not sure what to try next!

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
3/1/2016
AU Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The flashing light is an error code. How many flashes between pauses? Often times, turning the mains off for a few hours will reset the controller. Have you tried that?

Hi Kelly, thanks for helping out. The start light is flashing every second - so pretty much on and off straight away .. I did unplug the machine to try and reset but only for a couple of minutes . I'll unplug it now and take the kids to their swimming lessons and try it again later on tonight.

Is the door shutting easily and securely?

Hi kelly - I tried leaving the machine unplugged overnight but it didn't make a difference - the start light is still flashing. I've just checked the door and it is closed securely. I read somewhere that it might be an issue with a leak beneath the machine but I don't see any water anywhere unless it dried up. Apparently we can check that by undoing the front panel beneath the door .. Is that right?

That is correct, but usually the pump will keep running when that happens. It sounds to me like the door switch is not closing (electrically, not mechanically) and the control thinks the door is open. Let me know if you find water under the machine.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?