Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a Westinghouse Double Oven Model 792 and the display…

Customer Question
We have a Westinghouse...

We have a Westinghouse Double Oven Model 792 and the display is showing a meat probe symbol and this is preventing the top oven from working. No probe has been used recently (in fact we don't have one) and has only just appeared. Is there a way to reset?

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Such as?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
2/29/2016
AU Appliance Technician: Tech6612,
 replied 2 years ago
Tech6612

Please post complete model number.

The oven is at a different location and will need to access this on Wednesday and provide
AU Appliance Technician: Tech6612,
 replied 2 years ago

okay, not a problem.

ok the model number is ***** and the product reference in need is(###) ###-####
AU Appliance Technician: Home Guru, Handyman replied 2 years ago
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman

Hello and thanks for using this service, I am APPLIANCE GURU if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. You have to supply a rating in order for us techs to receive credit for our time as we have nothing to do with any payment made to the site.

Do you have the meat probe still?

I had responded to the initial technician that had replied seeking the model number which is now provided. We have not received a response with a suggested resolution yet

I understand and sorry for the first techs response. You need to get the probe for the unit and often it just takes inserting it and removing it a couple times to get that to clear. Can you do that?

Unfortunately we have never had a probe so don't have that option. Not sure what caused it to occur in the first place

The socket sometimes corrodes or the little tin piece touches and causes the board to think the probe has been inserted into the socket. Often you can turn power off to the unit...Spray a very very small amount of WD-40 in the socket and turn the power back on and try it most times it will clear the code. Let me know.

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not automatically credited to me nor do I receive all of the payment you made. The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Thank you we have tried to turn the power off without luck previously but not he WD40. We will try this next week when we are back at the house and advise.

OK sounds good