AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

We have a Siemens gas cooktop. The electronic display on the

Customer Question

We have a Siemens gas cooktop. The electronic display on the stovetop is showing to half digits, like the top half of an 8 and the top half of a 7. We aren't able to turn on the stove and use it. I think there was a short power failure during the day that has caused this. Any suggestions for what we can do to rectify this?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.

Please post model number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
EC745RT90A

You will need to replace the Clock to fix this.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive credit for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. ***** indicated in an earlier correspondence we discovered that the child lock had been activated. SO we worked out how to switch that off.

I didnt see anything about the child lock. if it was a power failure eventually the control board will fail and need to be replaced.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive credit for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Thank you for using Just Answer