Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

When i turn my fisher and paykel WA80T65GW1 8kg washing

Customer Question
machine it doesn't let water...
when i turn my fisher and paykel WA80T65GW1 8kg washing machine it doesn't let water into the machine and after a few seconds starts to beep and a spanner light comes on on the control panel
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/27/2016
AU Appliance Technician: Home Guru, Handyman replied 2 years ago
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Do you hear the fill valves energize and if you select HOT or COLD only do you not get water with either?

no the valves dont energize and no water passes through.

OK do you have an ohm meter to check the valves to see if they are burned out?

yeh can do what should it read?

Unplug the plugs to them and they should read around 60 ohms each with an ohm meter somewhere around there..if either are burned open it will not allow water to fill.

I am just a tech and payment for our work is on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

they all tested to 57.3
there are four of them and they all tested the same

Yep they are good so if you are getting that code tip the machine up and check the pump for any leakage as well.

there has been no leakage out the bottom of the machine at all?

Just make sure the pump does not look corroded....if not replace the main board on the unit.

the way the machine looks it looks as though the water goes into the valves and then into the bowl, it doesn't go to the pump until your draining it?

YEs that is correct, but the board reads the pump I just want to be certain the pump looks good that is all.

pumps not coroded it has a plastic impellar

Yep good then replace the board in the console for that error, that is a common issue on that unit.

I would like you to know that I am a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not fully credited to me, further the only way I actually receive any payment for my time by the site is by you selecting a STAR using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks