Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an Aspira TWLWP60 WASHING MACHINE that wont spin. I…

Customer Question
I have an Aspira TWLWP60...
I have an Aspira TWLWP60 WASHING MACHINE that wont spin . I have checked the pump for lint or hair , and its clean & turning freely . the machine is about 3-4 yrs old and the washing cycle works fine . When it changes to drain cycle , it just stops working . The lights are still on and the rinse light flashes & it wont spin . Can you advise me ...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/26/2016
AU Appliance Technician: johnnn40,
 replied 2 years ago
johnnn40

When the washer won't initiate the spin cycle, are there code numbers on the control display? Thank you.

E1
AU Appliance Technician: johnnn40,
 replied 2 years ago

OK. Thank you. ***** error code is telling you that there is a problem in the drain circuit. The drain hose is partially or completely blocked. The first chore is to clear the hose, by removing it from the drain pipe, and lowering it to the floor to allow the debris to run out. If nothing comes out, disconnect the hose from the drain pump outlet, and flush it out with a garden hose.

If cleaning the drain hose out does not solve the spin problem, please get back to me.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

the hose drains freely when lowered to the floor , I dont think that is the answer
AU Appliance Technician: johnnn40,
 replied 2 years ago

OK. Next question; do you hear the drain pump motor running? Thank you.

no
AU Appliance Technician: johnnn40,
 replied 2 years ago

OK. The drain pump needs to be replaced. If your washer is less than 2 years old, the part and its replacement will be covered by your appliance warranty, and you should contact the company at www.aspira.com.nz/customerservice to arrange for the repair. If the washer is not covered by the warranty, get back to me, and I'll find a part number for you. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

AU Appliance Technician: johnnn40,
 replied 2 years ago

Do you need any more help, before your request times out?

the part no. would be good ..thanks
AU Appliance Technician: johnnn40,
 replied 2 years ago

You're welcome. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.