Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have your dryer Product Code 93158-. The dryer will not…

Customer Question
Hi, I have your dryer...
Hi, I have your dryer Product Code 93158-B. The dryer will not spin when turned on and just makes a humming sound. I have taken the back off and when I manually turn the drum the dryer will spin no problems. When I turn it off and try again, same problem, humming noise and will not spin. Again, if I turn the shaft of the electric motor, the drum will spin and seems to work ok, nil noise etc. My wife did notice the dryer was making a noise a few weeks back, but the noise soon disappeared. Any suggestions, not sure if its the motor, but seems ok when you start by manually spinning the drum. The belt also seems to be ok, I did disconnect the belt off the motor and the motor would still not spin. Do you think its a sprocket or something else. Your advice would be appreciated. Kind regards Andrew
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/24/2016
AU Appliance Technician: johnnn40,
 replied 2 years ago
johnnn40

It sounds like the motor has failed. I'll look up the part information, and I'll get back to you.

Thanks John, was my first thought as well, but once the tumbler is rotating, motor sounds fine and seems to spin the tumbler with nil problems. I just have to manually turn the tumbler a little bit then it spins fine. But yes, its probably the motor, that's the confirmation I guess I needed.Cheers Andrew
AU Appliance Technician: johnnn40,
 replied 2 years ago

If the motor turns, the problem is a loose or worn drive belt. I'm getting no response, when I use the number you posted. F-P model numbers begin with two letters, followed by numbers. Will you please see if you can find the model number? Thank you.

AU Appliance Technician: johnnn40,
 replied 2 years ago

If you're unable to find the model number, there's another way to determine the correct belt for your unit. Make a cut in the old belt, and remove it from the machine. Take it to a hardware or belt supply store, where is can be measured for length, width, and service rating.

AU Appliance Technician: johnnn40,
 replied 2 years ago

Do you need any more help, before your request times out?