Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

LG GR-L258DS fridge freezer not getting cold, fan spinning,

Customer Question

LG GR-L258DS fridge freezer not getting cold, fan spinning, cleaned off coils, compressor feels hot, coils room temperature, when switch off at wall then on again, I hear a bang noise. Light inside is working. Slight humming noise when ear to fridge.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

If you are sure that all the fans and the compressor are running, then what has happened is the sealed system has developed a leak in it somewhere and all the freon has escaped so the unit cannot cool anymore. This is not a diy job, you must be a licensed technician to repair the unit at this point. The leak will have to be located , repaired, the unit will have to have a vacuum pulled on it and then recharged with freon. Sorry for the bad news but if everything is running then that is the case.

We are on the honor system for our time so I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page.

This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you!