AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

We have had our Miele washing machine 10 years, it has been

Customer Question

We have had our Miele washing machine for approx 10 years, it has been great! We have just emigrated and the machine has not been used for 6 months, when we plumbed it in to use for the fist time we have noticed that the selector dial is quite stiff and the programmes are not working properly, it lets a small amount of water in the main wash light is on and the rinses light is flashing on and off the drum does not turn, it then drains and that is it.
Please help.
Mod number W504 Premier 500
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.

The flashing rinse light indicates a motor fault. Usually the common cause for this is that the carbon brushes need replaced. So order those and replace them and you should be up and running again.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive credit for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found YouTube videos more use. The bearings had seized, the brushes are good, I checked the resistance as instructed on YouTube, I will not be using this site again - having to pay over $50 is a joke.