AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
55003593

I have a Electrolux EWF1282 front loader. The machine will

Customer Question

Hello I have a Electrolux EWF1282 front loader. The machine will not fill up with water. I have checked the hose . I have bought a new water control valve and replaced which thought was the issue but still no water. Screen all seems fine. Thinking now some other switch may be stopping it. Any ideas please?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.

*****Please give me a minute to look up your model

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Sean, I wi wait, I am a sparky so have an idea but don't fix white goods everyday
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

When you are not getting water is it just hot water. Or is it both cold and hot that you are not getting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both , this only uses cold water though
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there Sean
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Have you unhooked the water hose and open the valve up to see what kind of flow you are getting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
water flow to the washer is fine
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Okay you did open the valve all the way up right? I have seen valves that when they start going bad they will shut off when it gets to the full open part.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

So this unit as no hot water going to it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct no hot water running to the unit
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Does it have a hot water valve on the machine?

Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Okay I see it as individual valves

Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried putting the cold water to the hot water valve to see if it works on hot water?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have done that. Also when I test it everything seems to wok on the screen and when the start button is turned off cause of no water the start led go from green to red flashing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just to be clear . Water supply is fine and the control valve and solenoid has been replaced
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Who did you say makes this washer? When I pull up the info I see it as a Eurotech not Electrolux.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Electrolux, model EWF1282
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but I am going to opt out since I can not find a lot of info for this unit. I also noticed your in Australia and that might be why I can't find much info. I am in the US. Again sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem, so I won be charged as you can't help?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I see the other expert has opted out of the question here.

I do have the service manual for this washer if you want it.

It has all the diagnostics test programs in there and shows how to enter test mode and get error codes and all that.

If you want this let me know as if you are a sparky then you should be able to find the fault with this. Let me know and I will upload it for you.

Regards