Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My samsung french door srf 527 fridge part has lost coolness

Customer Question

My samsung french door srf 527 fridge part has lost coolness is sitting at 14.8 c prior to this has been icing up under vegetable crispers and then defrosting have had temp sensor replaced
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the compressor is running, the coolant has likely leaked. How is the freezer temperature? Is the compressor running? Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was found that the fan and defrost tank totally iced up solid mass of ice , unable to defrost after a few hours had to pour boiling water down drain tube to defrost ice blockage. We are also having water flowing into crispers from this same problem. Design fault obviously.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Use a copper wire to wrap around the heater and stick it down the drain hole. The heat will transfer to the copper wire and prevent that from happening again!