Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have an Engel 18 portable fridge. The cigarette lighter

Customer Question

Hi . i have an Engel 18 portable fridge. The cigarette lighter connection to the fridge has to be jammed in hard to get a continuous power supply but once you let go the power disconnects to the fridge. Is it just a matter of tracking down another cord or something amiss in the fridge, the 240volt chord to fridge works fine
Your thoughts
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The cord may indeed need to be replaced, I do not suspect there is another issue within the appliance. However, I would look closely at the plug outlet you are plugging into for any issues. Do you see any markings that might cause connection issues at the back of that outlet?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?