Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Westinghouse 905 stops half way through the process. All…

Customer Question
My Westinghouse 905 stops half...
My Westinghouse 905 stops half way through the process. All filters and pipes are clean.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
Answered in 1 day by:
1/28/2016
AU Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it is able to drain and the motor runs, thew issue is likely with the controller. What exactly happens when it stops?

hello Im back
Dishwasher stops during cycle still

Does it stop with water in it, like it is unable to drain?

You there?
Any suggestions?

It stops with water in it

Can you hear the drain pump trying to run when it should be draining?

The machine just stops during its cycle
I can here the draining sound
The red light keeps flashing

So there is a blockage in the drain path. Can you remove the hose from the home's plumbing connection and see if it will drain into a bucket?

No the drain is not blocked.I have used the garden hose to clear it. Also used a plunger inside the machine

Then the pump has to be faulty if you can hear it running but it will not drain. The impeller may be broken or worn or may have come loose from the motor shaft.

Just turned it on
It makes a grumbling noise.
No water coming in

Water won't enter if it has not drained from the tub during last cycle. The grumbling is the pump and would support its likely failure.

now what?

The drain pump will need to be replaced.

Who does that?

Well, you can if you think you are able to perform some moderate disassembly, electrical connections and water connections. If you are not completely comfortable, I would phone for an appliance technician because a water leak could be disastrous.

Thanks

You are very welcome, take care, thank you!