Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a SMEG dishwasher about 3 years old and i get an

Customer Question
error message er06 which tells...
I have a SMEG dishwasher about 3 years old and i get an error message er06 which tells me the appliance cannot drain the water from the tank.
I have mopped up excess water and tried again to no avail.
I had a quick look at the hoses - I thought there might be a blockage in them. Is the kind of thing that might cause this error?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
Answered in 1 day by:
1/28/2016
AU Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The most common blockage point is right where the drain hose connects to the home's drainage pipe. Are you able to remove that hose and check for obstructions?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Thanks for your response Kelly. I am currently away from home and will try that and provide the model details.Cheers, Susan

Sure, thank you.

Hi Kelly, apologies, just back home.
I cannot see any blockages and cannot find the model no. on the machine. I tried to attach photos however it's not working.
Thanks, Susan

Thank you. Will it drain if you place the hose into a bucket?