Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I Have an LG refrigerator model L247ENSL (no plumbing), The

Customer Question

I Have an LG refrigerator model L247ENSL (no plumbing), The ice maker has stopped working. the chilled water still dispenses and the icemaker is going through the motions of making ice including the noise of the water pump to refill the empty container. but no water is dispensed to refill the ice maker.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The most likely to be causing the lack of ice production is a frozen fill tube. The easiest way to diagnose ice maker trouble is to manually fill the ice maker and see if it dumps in a few hours. If it does, the problem is water path related (bad fill valve, frozen fill tube, etc). Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I get access to the fill tube to inspect it? un freeze it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

On that model it is not easy. Everything is very tightly assembled. Did it drop the cubes when manually filled? the parts breakdown pictures for that model are at the link below.

CLICK HERE