Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I live in Australia. Just want to know if you can give me

Customer Question

Hi I live in Australia. Just want to know if you can give me any ideas what is wrong with the beko fridge i purchased about 5 months ago. The freezer is in perfect working order, but my problem is with the fridge side. The fridge is a Beko GN163020W side by side 641 Litre. The fridge seems to be cool but not cold. Every few days i have to throw away food as it goes off. What could be the problem with the fridge side. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

The fridge section gets its cooling from the freezer side on these.

So when the fridge looses its cooling then its usually either the damper box at the top of the fridge not opening up to allow the cold air to pass through or the evaporator blocked with ice stopping the air flow into the fridge as well.

What you can try and see if this makes a difference is empty the freezer and turn it off for 24 hours and leave the freezer door open and this will allow the ice in the freezer to melt.

Then retry it and see how it goes an fingers crossed that sorts it.

But if after the defrost its still the same then its the damper unit inside thee fridge at the top at fault causing this stopping the air entering the fridge. As this is 5 months old you will need to get Beko on to replace the part unless theres no warrenty or you want to fix yourself.

But try the defrost first and see how that goes from there and let me know.

Regards