Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Just replaced heating element again, but oven is still not

Customer Question

Customer: just replaced heating element again , but oven is still not heating to temp
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: westinghouse pdl 790 multi 8 , just replaced oven f/f heating element [ 2nd one in 6 mths] in the back of the oven . reset timer and started to preheat to 200c , 10 mins lateron rapid heat ok , then tried oven bake and after 15 mins still not heated to 200c , . should i also install a new fan unit , cheers ,
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Whitegoods Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! An element is either good or bad, so if it is heating at all, the element is good. I suspect the issue lies with the voltage going to the element. Do you have a meter to test the voltage with , right at the element terminals, to see if it is dropping as the unit heats?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi , Kelly the heating element i replaced seemed to be ok as it had not melted like the previous element , the new one i install on sunday looked the same as the one i replaced [ no melting ] . I wonder if the oven temp switch is faulty , can these be replaced ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the switch can be replaced. Are you able to test the voltage when it fails to heat as it should? It may be a wiring issue, too.