Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My engel ss80 runs all the time i.e. it does not cycle. Is

Customer Question

my engel ss80 runs all the time i.e. it does not cycle. Is the thermostat replaceable? Could there be another problem?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it is cooling well, like colder than it should be, the issue is likely the thermostat. However, if it is not cooling well but running all the time, there is another problem. How is the temperature?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yeah sorry it constantly runs freezing everything with no temperature control
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Are there any more numbers in the model you posted?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the very tardy reply. The model number shown on my engel is ss 80f g4
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I cannot find the control available for that model on the spare parts list. It may not be available. The distributor is able to be contacted at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tested the thermistor at room temperature reads 1.5k ohm. Put thermistor in deep freeze and reading steadily climbed to 10.5k ohms. However I dont know if these readings are right for this thermistor. If these are correct it then becomes a problem with the electronic card.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I cannot find the chart specifically for Engel, but the resistances are in line with a typical thermistor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check the card. Final option if thermistor is ok.