Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Water continually runs out the water/ice dispenser

Customer Question

water continually runs out the water/ice dispenser
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The water valve has either failed or the electronic control is keeping it energized. There is a small chance that the water pressure is too low to the valve and the diaphragm is unable to close. You will need to measure voltage at the water valve for an accurate diagnosis. Do you have a meter to perform any testing with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my son is electrician and will have a voltage meter, ice maker is working if we turn water on
Where do we test?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Right at the water valve, test between the two wires on the valve to the dispenser for 120 VAC. There should be no voltage there unless the button is pressed to dispense water.