Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have recently purchased a Westinghouse Freezer Mod.

Customer Question

I have recently purchased a Westinghouse Freezer Mod. WFM3800W
This unit comes with an ice cube maker (2 trays) My frustration is that when you flick the full tray of ice cubes it only releases sometimes 3 or 4 cubes some times nil I can keep flicking and nothing happens.
Is there some trick to it or am I stuck with a dud.
Looking forward to your solution
Regards Aldo
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It would be unlikely that the issue cannot be resolved and is just a "lemon." Common cause of sticking cubes can usually be remedied by cleaning the cube molds with white distilled vinegar. Make sure the mold is smooth and clean. Any change after cleaning?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Finally I get an answer, shall try your suggestion . Aldo
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, keep me posted! Another thing that will help is to use a little cooking spray or oil to rub into the plastic tray and then clean well. The oil will penetrate the plastic to help with cube release but will not contaminate the cubes after a thorough washing.