Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Jon, I have a DD605D and apparent reason my bottom drawer

Customer Question

Hi Jon, I have a DD605D and for no apparent reason my bottom drawer will not locate properly. I have pulled thew drawer out and off the runners, all seems okay. The floating top panel that sits on top of the drawer when closed appears to be stopping it from going all the way back, but when I remove the drawer and check it all, it seems okay?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The plastic hose keeper is probably binding when the drawer is closed. Does the top gearing on the sides appear to be intact or do you see areas that the plastic is binding on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By top gearing I am guessing you mean the top floating panel thats sits on top of the drawer when closed. It is quite loose and free when the drawer is not engaged but as I get the drawer further in it appears to start binding on the drawer. It is very hard to manipulate mind you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The top is moved by plastic gears on each side. Those may be binding, they have been modified and replaced with the new kit shown below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah, Okay. They are very loose as I mentioned but may well be binding when the drawer closes. I will take them out and clean them this weekend and see how that goes. Thanks Kelly.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, keep me posted.