Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a Miele 4020BM microwave. Since last evening,

Customer Question

Hi I have a Miele 4020BM microwave. Since last evening, whenever I set the oven control knob to Microwave the magnetron comes on immediately and won't turn off. I can set the timer to 20 secs and it will count down as usual, but the magnetron does not stop at the end of the timed period. I can change the power but it seems to have no effect as the magnetron stay permanently on as if at full power (1000w). The only way to turn off the magnetron is to set the control knob to a non-microwave setting or open the door. Any ideas? Sounds like a switch has fused on or similar...:(
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The relay on the main control has welded contacts. The control board will need to be replaced. This can be dangerous, so I would advise you to unplug the unit or switch off at the mains until repaired. Also, high voltage repairs in microwaves can be dangerous, even with the power off, due to the storage capacity of the large capacitor used in the appliance. If you are not familiar with microwave repair, I would strongly recommend having it professionally repaired.