Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Brand new HWMP85TLU; fills and then refuses to progress.

Customer Question

Brand new HWMP85TLU; fills and then refuses to progress. Haven't been able to progress from there
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If no wiring connections have come undone during transit, there is likely a fault in the main electronic controller. Does it make any noises after filling, like humming or buzzing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No noise apart from twin 'beeps' perhaps 3 - 5 seconds apart, repeated every 20 or so seconds
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Is that after it fills? How about any clicking sounds from the control panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No noises at all I'm afraid
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It sure sounds like the main control has problems. Are you certain the lid is down tight? The control may "see" the lid as open and be suspending the cycle, too.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wondered about that possibility, I am assuming that the lid sensor switch is the micro switch in the control panel enclosure at the extreme left when viewed from the rear? If so, can it be adjusted?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

There is not really an adjustment, it is just mounted in one spot. Does it click when you open and close the lid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That is likely the issue then.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You could disassemble the control panel to inspect internally but you risk voiding any warranty.....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, what next?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Well, call for warranty repair unless you want to risk warranty loss....

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I believe on that model there is an access panel on the back. However, I have not worked on that exact model and no service manual is available.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem! it's 450km to the nearest repairer, along dirt roads that would break your heart - even when they are freshly graded. Call out fee for any sort of technician is about $1100 - no bull!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Oh, my! I thought we had rural areas here... :-)

Can you see an access panel that will come off on the back of the unit, allowing access to the area in the control panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had it off twice today
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Can you see why the lid switch is not actuating when the lid is raised and lowered? Can you post a picture with that panel off so I may see the components inside?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I loose this connection in about 4 minutes - till sometime after 9am Sunday - it's all part of telco's overselling satellite internet capacity. I'll see what I can achieve first-up tomorrow morning (including a photo if necessary. Sincere thanks for your assistance thus far. Regards. B
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good day,Best laid plans of men, mice etc.
7am Sunday had to leave for a 20 hour trip (700km) to Kiwicurra (from where I’m sending this). Won’t be back within 100km of that washer before the end of the week at the earliest – or it could be three or four weeks – that’s the way life is out here in the Western Desert.RegardsB
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That is just fine, no worries at all. Please disregard any automated messages you may receive, I have no control over those.