Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Australia Whitegoods

I have a edv605 which will not spin but i cannot see any

Customer Question
Hi i have a...
Hi i have a edv605 which will not spin but i cannot see any problems inside when i took the back off and cleaned it out except fro the fact the motor has only one spring on it on the right hand side looking from the rear so i hooked it back up tothe right hand side it just does not look ok
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
9/2/2015
AU Appliance Technician: Rob, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

This is the 6KG dryer, correct?

Does the panel light up as normal?

Thanks

Rob

Rob the panel all works ok it stopped in the middle of a load and when i try to restart it just gives a little movement and thats allCheers
Greg

Hi Greg

OK, try turning the drum by hand, does it turn? It will be stiff!

Also, trry turning the drum with no clthes in it, and whilst its still spinning, close the door and see if it will continue to turn

Rob

the drum turns by hand it is stiff and does not spin freelytryed turning the empty drum by the time i get the door closed it has already stopped spining

Hi

OK

this could be several things

The first to test is the capacitor

For this you will need to remove the cabiet such that you can try turning the drum whilst the machine is switched on.

So, you must be careful of live voltages!!

If the drum turns after you have started it by hand, then the capacitor is faulty and will need to be replaced.

If you are not happy to test this this way, then I am afraid you will need to get a hands on diagnosis

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Thanks
Rob

Hi RobSo what do you mean by test the capacitor i don't understand what you mean by turning the drum with machine switch on do you mean with the door open and the power on

Hi

No

you need to remove the cabinet

This way you can try turning the drum with the machine powerd on!

BUT, you have to be carefull as the machine is LIVE!

The capacitor "kick starts" the drum moving.

If you start turning the drum and it then continues under its own power, the capacitor is faulty

Rob

Hi Rob i overrode the safety switch on cabinet with a a piece of plastic in the hole and turned the drum it will not keep going

Hi

OK

So you now have two items it could be

The motor or the control panel

You need to physically examine both of these parts and the associated wiring for damage

Let me know what you find

Please dont forget to rate now as this is the only way I get credit for spending my time helping you with this

Thanks

Rob

Rob
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician