Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

We have a Fisher & paykel model RF610A. The display is not

Customer Question

We have a Fisher & paykel model RF610A. The display is not working or water and not responding when buttons pushed for Sabbath mode on or off. Any suggestions?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Mt name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue likely lies with the main control module. Unplug the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Does the display return when power is restored?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just tried. Unfortunately it didn't work...
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Was the Sabbath mode actuated when it quit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. We have never purposely put the fridge in Sabbath mode. We came out one morning and thought the fridge was off as the water wasn't working. Realised the fridge and freezer were still on and working fine, but the display on front and water/ice function had stopped working. We didn't even know what Sabbath mode was until this happened and we looked up an on line manual to try and work out what was wrong. We thought maybe kids had touched buttons. The display has been off for over a month (and no water/ice). We have tried since to get it out of that mode though by pushing the buttons as described in manual, but it didn't work. So when I turned off for half hour, the display was off as it has been for over a month.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Can you look at the wiring harness at the door hinge where the door harness connects to the main harness to the refrigerator? Are those connections tight and no signs of corrosion or other issues?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, we aren't sure how to access wiring without damaging fridge. Maybe I would be better just getting someone to come and look at it. Thought there may have been a quick fix like resetting or something. Do I still have to pay $31? You have tried to help but sounds more technical...