Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a Gaggenau steam oven BS270 which was working

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Gaggenau steam oven BS270 which was working perfectly and we just moved it to a new location and now the touch-sensitive buttons don't seem to be working at all - any ideas on how to get these working?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. The touch buttons depend on a good ground system to work correctly. I would look at the earth ground in the new installation and make sure it is present and secure.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kelly - thank you for your suggested answer - we have checked and the earth connection is good, this has been checked direct back to the switchboard from the oven and no problems at all but still the touch buttons are not working. Do you have any other thoughts regarding what to look at next? Thanks a lot, Michael
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

It sounds like there is an issue with the electronics, in that case. The timing is quite odd, though. Does it appear to have been set in a child lock mode?

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

See the page below.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kelly,
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be as simple as the child lock - the display just looks like everything is fine but I simply can't get the buttons to do anything at all. Any other ideas?Thanks a lot,
Michael
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

I suspect the touch panel will need to be replaced then.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kelly, is replacing the touch panel something you can do/quote on? Cheers, Michael
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

I cannot seem to locate the parts using that model number, they are not listed at the site that handles the parts in your country. Can you post the rest of the model so I can narrow it down? I am in the norther US, in Montana. That is a bit out of my service area. However, that repair here would cost about $200-250 USD + the part.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kelly, thanks a lot. The oven model is BS270130E/07 - I'm trying to locate the part number for the module which needs replacing but I can't find it anywhere, the module looks to be covered with a white plastic cover with stickers on it but I don't think that's the module itself - do you know where I could find the part number? I'm sure it's a lot cheaper abroad than in Australia - I've been quoted $700+ for it here unfortunately. Thanks so much, Michael
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

The part number of the touch module is 00658117 and is available below from a US company that ships worldwide.

CLICK HERE