Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have replaced the inlet valve but the dishwasher lights come

Customer Question

I have replaced the inlet valve but the dishwasher lights come on but will not start cycle thank you
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!If nothing will functions, drain pump, water fill, etc., the likely cause is a faulty door switch. Does the door shut smoothly and securely? Are you able to disassemble the door to access the door switch for testing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dishwasher is at a friends home I will chech this Kelly. I tried again Friday and the safety switch on the main power box kept shutting off. The original code that came up before I replaced the inlet valve was E0 but now the lights come on and when the cycle is selected it puts the power out Many thanks Flo
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If the mains switch is tripping, something is shorting to ground. Are you certain that no wires got left loose or came off during replacement of the valve?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Kelly I felt I had put the connections back but will check this out
again I am unable to do this until late tomorrow Tuesday I will let you know thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That will be just fine, thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Kelly I checked the wires all ok The dishwasher is emptying but does not fill Does the pump bring the water into the dishwasher? It works for awhile does not fill and error code 0E and I am not sure what this means thanks again Flo
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
There is a water inlet valve that brings the water into the machine. It is where the water line from your home connects to the machine. Do you hear it humming or buzzing after the pump stops when you first start the cycle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again I did replace that valve but I will listen to hear if it is humming Will get back to you