Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a 4 burner Smeg cook top. 3 burners work perfectly

Customer Question

I have a 4 burner Smeg cook top. 3 burners work perfectly but I have a problem with the large / wok burner. The large burner has gas flow and lights when I depress the control knob. However, no matter how long I keep the knob depressed (up to a minute), the burner goes off as soon as I release the knob. Any thoughts?
Thanks, Klaus
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.
Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?
Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.
This will be the thermocouple for the wok burner
This is what cuts off the gas if the flame is not present or has got blown out.
In this case, its not sensing that the gas is lit, so keeps cutting off the gas
You will need to replace the thermocouple
Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Thanks
Rob