Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an LG intellowash front loader, 2 questions, one

Customer Question
Hi I have an LG...
Hi I have an LG intellowash front loader, 2 questions, one the softener is not going through, and now the soap has stopped going through too, I usually only use cold water but put the machine on hot to see if that worked, it hasn't.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
6/27/2015
AU Appliance Technician: Rob, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.
Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?
Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.
Its one of two things so try both. Its the same for both compartments
Remove the soapbox drawer, look up into the roof of the box. Above the conditioner compartment is a series of holes. Using a needle clean out all of these holes. Use an old toothbrush to clean the roof if its dirty.
The liquid stays in the drawer until the right time in the cycle. Then , water comes through these holes and fills the compartment. It overflows through the syphon tube, in the drawer, and empties. There are two types of syphon fitted. The first is a tube at the back of the conditioner compartment. Remove it and thoroughly clean this and the drawer. Refit the tube and make sure it is firmly pushed down. The other type of syphon is a lid that fits on the conditioner compartment. If you have this type, lift off the lid and you will see the syphon tube. Make sure this and the lid are thoroughly clean. It must all be scrupulously clean, otherwise it will not work. Refit lid and make sure its snapped down. refit drawer. Job done.
If you need more help, please just ask
In the meantime, Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Thanks
Rob
Rob
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician