Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Haier HDW6WH which starts a wash cycle but part…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a Haier...
Hi, I have a Haier HDW6WH which starts a wash cycle but part way through just throws out the circuit breaker. sometimes it has water in it and sometimes not. Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
Answered in 1 day by:
6/24/2015
AU Appliance Technician: Rob, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Hello, I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Do you still need help with this?
If so, I will try to locate some information on this for you.
Thanks Rob
Hi Rob, That would be great, thanks. Mike
Hi
Can you tell me if there is any error code shown or any lamps flashing?
When it does this, does it throw the circuit breaker or the earth leakage device?
How regular is the problem
Thanks
Rob
Hi Rob
This is a pretty basic dishwasher. It only has a power switch, with one light, and a round knob on the front. So the circuit breaker that it throws is the one in the fuse box of the house. I can reset the circuit breaker but when I switch the dishwasher back on it just throws the breaker again.
Cheers,
Hi Mike
Thanks.
My initial thought is that this is a problem with the heater eiher shorting out, or shorting to earth..
This is located under the wash chamber, where the pumps are.
You will need a meter to be able to test the element
Let me know what you find
Thanks.
Rob
Hi Rob,
Over the weekend I took out both the element and the inlet valve both of which I tested with a meter and the element in a water bath. Both worked fine. When I put them back in the dishwasher ... same result the circuit tripped out the moment the appliance is started. All the wiring on the machine appears to be fine. Is there any other part that might cause this problem?
Cheers,
Hi Mike
OK, if it trips as soon as you put this on, I would suspect its an earth leakage issue
Look for damage to the wiring in the door
Rob
Hi Rob,
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I have checked out all the wiring and as far as I can visually see, it all looks in good shape. I shall have a closer inspection.
HI
ok
ROB