Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Bob My Samsung SRS588BDW side by side fridge freezer with

Customer Question

Hi Bob My Samsung SRS588BDW side by side fridge freezer with 1 compressor. the freezer is working o/k and the fan in it is working o/k, the fridge isn't getting cold and I have found that the fan isn't working even if you press the door closed button, the evaporator coils are icing up while the fridge is running what would cause the evaporator fan to not work, I have changed the fan out and still have the same problem, I have also changed the main control board. can you help me
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The defrost sensor may be keeping the fan from running if it is sending a message to the control that the temperature is high. That would also explain why the evaporator is not defrosting.
http://spares.bigwarehouse.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=143_453_20807&products_id=1398238
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kelly;
I have now fitted a new defrost sensor and the fan still doesn't work, so far I have replaced the fan, the main control board and the defrost sensor the only other things that I can now replace is the cabinet sensor and the defrost heater element. What else controls or could cause the evaporator fan not to work, is there some kind relay or switch or sensor that would cause the fan not to work, in other words what else is there that could stop the fan from working?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is anybody going to answer me, I see you have taken my money but you haven't sorted my problem out, I thought you would help me to sort the problem out before you took the money?