Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an oven Model #WFE946SA that has a fault on the front…

Customer Question
I have an oven Model...
I have an oven Model #WFE946SA that has a fault on the front which only says SAFE I've checked the troubleshooting section of the manual ,but it shows nothing for this fault . The top burners all operate its just the oven .
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
6/9/2015
AU Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I know you said you already power cycled the appliance, but an extended power cycle is usually necessary to totally reset. Turn the power off at the mains for at least 4 hours. Does it stay the same or return to normal operation after powering back on?

I've tried this by turning off the power overnight . The oven remained on safe when turned back on .

I am unaware, as is the manufacturer's service information, of any SAFE mode. I suspect the main oven control may be faulty but will place your question back to the list in case another has run across this before.