Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a Westinghouse LT819S washing machine that is squealing

Customer Question

I have a Westinghouse LT819S washing machine that is squealing at the end of the spin cycle
How can I fix this issue?
Category: Australia Whitegoods
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is likely something that is caught in between the tubs causing the noise. If you inspect the tub, especially at the bottom, is there anything caught in the holes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Should I inspect the tub from the inside or from underneath? I have the machine lying on its side so I can look underneath.
Is that taking into account that it only makes noise at the end of the spin cycle?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Look inside at the holes in the bottom of the tub and, if you can, remove the tub to get a look between the inner and outer tub. The agitator has a bolt that secures it in place. Once removed, the tub bolts will be accessible.