Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Australia Whitegoods

LG R852 top loader . will fill wash and discharge but not

LG R852 top...
LG R852 top loader . will fill wash and discharge but not spin dry cheers roy
11/12/2013
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The most likely to cause this issue is the pressure switch not "seeing" that the water has all drained out. Does the drain pump continue to run when it should be spinning?

yes the pump is going on /off throughout what wld normally be the spin cycle . does tha mean I shld visualise the tube and ? what else roy

Relist: Answer came too late.
Relist: Answer came too late.
the machine is saying LE when it stops if this is a help . I also stripped the wires to lid sensor and joined them so the machine does not stop when the lid is lifted . will rtn when fixed of course
Relist: Answer came too late.
Rick
Rick, Technician
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you.
A LE error code is a stator error. Most of the time this is not the stator, it is more likely the hall sensor for the stator. Remove the rear panel and you will see the stator, If you remove the rotor that will give you direct access to the stator. You should check the wire going for a good connection and that will help solve your problem. If connection is good, change hall sensor.
Rick
Rick, Technician

thanks Rick .I assume the rotor is the bit carrying all the magnets. the stator the bit with all the coils of wire in a circle.assuming connection good which it seems to be when I have taken it apart what is the hall sensor and what does it look like and what does it do ? cheers roy .. ps ihave had it suggested to me that it is the water level sensor not reading properly .... I took the tube off and blew air up there and heard a clicking noise . but the bit below where it meets the water in bottom of bin I have not touched . I have also had it suggested it is the brake . wha tif we run with yr diagnosis first and then wld you perhaps critique these others if any issues cheers roy

A LE error is related to the unit not since correctly. The most likely culprit is the hall sensor which is located on the back side of the stator. It sense resistance. If you still have trouble let me know and we will address it then. But I am confident that your problem lies in this section.
Rick

does that mean it senses turning resistance in the drum. and is it a little plastic clip on item with wires running to it .

hi could I have some more direction when you get the chance cheers roy

Yes it does look like a clip on the back side of the stator, with wires going to it, inspect wires for damage if none detected order hall sensor from local supplier and replace. Sorry for delay time zones.

am just wondering is it poss the hall sensor is actually doing its job . and the bearings old and new which are making a bit of a noise have increased resistance which if it actually spun wld damage the motor cheers roy

rick new sensor in but no cigar any other thoughts cheers roy

Rick
Rick
Rick, Technician