Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Australia Whitegoods

My miele G975 plus dishwasher won't drain at the end of a…

Hi, my miele G975 plus...
Hi, my miele G975 plus dishwasher won't drain at the end of a cycle and the inlet/drain light is flashing. any suggestions?
4/3/2012
AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician

Hi there and thank you for your question, sorry for the delayed response, I will be assisting you with your inquiry today.

At any time, you may request further info and ask questions if you feel the need, even after accepting. At the end of our session, please remember to hit the accept button (Or smiley face), so I may be paid for my services here.

Now, let’s get started regarding your question

At the end of the cycle when the machine should be pumping out, can you hear the drain pump running at all? Any noise whatsoever>??

What you need to do is follow the drain hose all the way up underneath the machine tothe drain pump* and remove the hose from the drain pump (Not the main motor, the other one) and check to see if it has rusted away, or is blocked with debri there etc,,,

While you are at it, check the drain hose for blockages and kinks and also the sink connection underneath the sink where the drain hose connects,,, as they tend to block up sometimes as well...

Worst case scenario, you might need a new drain pump okay,,

Here: These guys ship nationwide fast and cheap*, ALL Brands*

Contact The Experts

Please have your make & model
number readily available

when contacting us or visiting us.

All Brands (Non LG)

Phone 1800 250 911
AUSSIE- Repair Tech.

hi, thanks for answering.

1. I don't really know how when to expect the drain pump to work and there for i can't tell for sure if it make sound or not. Is there any way to know for sure what nise is what?

2. The pipe that goes to the back pannel is clean. Next section is inside and it's hard pipe that goes from the back to hard plastic. how do i take this one out?

Thanks,

Hi David,

It should just be a matter of undoing either a hose clamp, or a few bolts on the drain pump itself,,

Run a program from the beginning and see if it will drain at all?? (Eco wash)

ok

pipe is clean all the way up to the plastic thing.

run a cycle with the drain pip running to a bucket. in the end of the cycle some water (about 1-2 litre) were pushed out in batches and than it stoped and inlet/drain light went on.

What should i do next?

Sounds like a dodgy drain pump to me**

G'day,

Sorry it took so long to respond, the internet starlight was down most of the morning.

Thanks for your response.

I understand you reckon I need to replace the drain pump.

• 1. Just to make sure, is that the part I marked on the photo?
  • 2. How do I take it out?. I see no screws or anything.
  • 3. Do you know where can I get a new pump and how much (roughly) it suppose to cost?

Thanks again,

graphic

it most certainly is that part.

It twists out of the plastic housing, once you have removed the hose*

Remove it and check for a blockage there also, but those electric motors wear out quite frequently**

ok mate, pump removed and ordered one from miele.

Now we are facing a long weekend it may take until the end of next week until the part will arrive and I'll know for sure if the problem is fixed.

On the other hand I think you have done a great job and want to release your payment by accepting the answer.

Since I'm new to eAnswers and don't know how to contact you should the problem have not solved with the new pump.

Happy Easter,

Thanks David,

All you need to do is hit the accept button or smiley face and any time you need to contact me regarding your question, just follow the link from your emails, directly to this page and you can comment here any time, not a problem.

Thank you and happy easter.

got the pump and installed it. It works ok.

But toward the end of the cycle it does very loud noise (best description can be like a un tunned radio on high volume ). Any idea what can it be?

Maybe some gunk in the water pump or circulation system possibly??

It may take a few runs for the new pump motor to wear in also*

Hi, I still have the noise problem and now it became more severe since at times it has the same symptoms as they were before the fix e.g. inlet/drain led is flashing and water stays in the DW.

Any idea?

It has to be something in the sump of the machine, causing the pump to be blocked and noisy Im thinking*

Did you check the drain hose etc, when you fitted a new pump? Nothing in the sump etc?

yes, i checked everything and checked it again today. nothing there.

i also took out the no return and pure some water thrue the drainage pipe. all flow with no worries.

the water is not draining, there is a noise like a un tuned radio, and the drain pump has been replaced....

Can you give some time to think about this please, I will respond later this evening*

Is that ok with you* I might ask my boss about this as well, he might be able to give me some insight also,

yes, ok, no worries. i'll wait.

thanks

just confirm, you pulled the drain pump back out again today and there was nothing in there as well, no sediment etc?

Is all of the soap/detergent breaking down as well?

yes. nothing there. no problem with the soap.

Okay, I will think about this and reply ASAP,
When you replaced the drain pump, the machine did in fact work okay, for a short period of time, with no noise?

Its definately only doing this when the machine is trying to drain>??

yes. it always made the noise.

it's hard to tell because there is no indecation on the DW it what exactly stage it is. but it's toward the end of the cycle, takes about a minute and it's before the drying stage/

Im thinking that maybe the turbo fan that assists in drying may be on its way out,,

Youve replaced the drain pump, the turbo fan is the only other thing that works at the end of the cycle,,,

If it were me, I wpould pull the machine out, sit it up on a couple of milk crates and operate it out of the kitchen cabinet.

When the noise appears, you can then pinpoint the location by having better access and this will narrow it down somewhat..and give us both a better idea on where the problem is.

A pain in the bum yes, but at this point in time, Im not sure what else to advise you on really,

Thanks, ***** ***** do that. but just to clarify and make sure. How long is the fan operation at the end of the cycle? (1 minute? 5 minutes?)

Where exactly the fan is positioned?

Im not sure how long it operates for, they are all different.

Here is what the fan looks like,

http://www.buyspares.co.uk/miele/g975sciplus/fan-motor/product.pl?pid=2246389&path=463858:496324,108720:463951&model_ref=80380

I dont have a service manual for this model, but usually, the fan is in the door.

Just look for the vent inside the cabinet of the dishwasher compartment*
ok. so it's not the fan/ the noise does not come from the door.
Okay then, you need to get it out and try to pinpoint the origin of the sound if possible*
AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech.