Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Westinghouse dishwasher sb908. At last cycle dishwasher did…

Customer Question
Hi, westinghouse dishwasher sb908. At...
Hi, westinghouse dishwasher sb908. At last cycle dishwasher did not fully empty. Now when try to start eco light on and start light and washing light on but machine does not respond?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
3/16/2012
AU Appliance Technician: AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician

Hi there and thank you for your question, sorry for the delayed response, I will be assisting you with your inquiry today,

Remember it is up to us to work together and help to try and solve this problem. At any time, you may request further info and ask questions if you feel the need, even after accepting. At the end of our session, please remember to hit the accept button, so I may be paid for my services here.

Now, let’s get started regarding your question

Remove and inspect the drain hose for blockages/kinks. Inspect the sink connection for the drain hose also,, in case it is blocked,,

You need to also clean the internal filters at the base of the wash compartment...When you re install the drain hose, make sure it is high enough and that there are no kinks,,,etc...

This can also be caused by using too much rinse aid and or detergent*

Once you have done all of the above, run an quick wash with no dishes or cutlery, or detergent, just to flush it out and see how it goes then,,,(Let me know)

AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
Hello, sorry for late reply. Washer is in weekend house, we are now back in melbourne. I will have to wait till we return next weekend. I am happy to pay you for your trouble so far. Regards brigitta
Okay, cheers. I shall await your reply
Good Morning and thank you for your reply.
I have pulled out machine and inspected pipes they seem to be ok.
I have tried to get out as much water as possible, water is dirty and I didn't want it to start smelling. The filters have been cleaned but they
were pretty good anyway.
I use Finish powerball and and Finish rinse aid. Machine dispenses the rinse aid. Funny you should mention, my other machine was always dirty,turns out the rinse aid to blame as a chemical to clear the suds was missing from the formula!! Dont think this is the problem now,
I have again turned power off, restarted and it still comes back on mid cycle.
Ill chase up the service manual and see if it gives a detailed description of the flashing lights code okay,, Shall reply later this afternoon if that is okay with you?
That's fine, no hurry, I appreciate your help. Cheers
I am on it as we speak

Thanks for your patience..
Im just waiting on a reply from a freind who has a lot of documentation on the Westinghouse machine that you have, As soon as I recieve it, I will be in touch,

Sorry for the delay* I just wanted to let you know what was happening..*
Thanks for your reply, we are back in Melbourne today so no hurry, back at holiday house Thursday afternoon. Cheers
This is your control panel yes??

graphic
that is exactly it
Good stuff, thats what I needed to know*

Shall reply soon with some further info*
Thank you
No probs
When will you be with the dishwasher again?? This weekend?
Press and hold simultaneously PROGRAM and button LOCK buttons (Cancel) until the program light indicator switches off, then the program has been cancelled and the key lock deactivated and a new program can be selected.

Can you try this and tell me if it solves your problem??
Hi, thanks for your email.
Held program and lock button down together for about 5 seconds.
Program seemed to have reset, however, then pressed program and
"washing and start lights" flashing. Eco light flashing.
No change.
FYI. The 70 degree has no response. All the other buttons can be
depressed slightly but not the 70 degree, could it be the control panel? The start button follows the 70 degree button.
regards
I have just tried your suggestion again, and IT WORKS! Thank you so much and I have learn't something. Thank you for your time, I will certainly tell my friends about this site. Thank you again.
Cheers
You are most welcome,,, thats great news,,,

What happened was, it got stuck in the previous program, after it stopped when it didnt drain properly..

What the above did, was cancel the previous program, and erase it from the controller...etc

Do you have a user manual?? I can get you a copy if you like??

If at any time I can help you with stuff, feel free to drop me a line... Im glad we got this sorted also,, as you had paid early and it was taking some time for me to source the correct info.

Thank you for your business and your patience

Feedback is highly appreciated if you have the time also..

Have a happy and safe easter