Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Australia Whitegoods

Hi, I have a Fisher & Paykel GW712 washing machine. When filling,

Customer Question
the water starts and stops...
Hi, I have a Fisher & Paykel GW712 washing machine. When filling, the water starts and stops then contol panel beeps and 2 lights illuminate (1st & 2nd last). Appreciate if you can advise
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
12/21/2011
AU Appliance Technician: AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Hi there and thank you for your question, I will be assisting you with your inquiry today,

Remember it is up to us to work as a team and help solve this problem, or at least work out a way of troubleshooting it and to get you sorted one way or another,,
If by a certain time, you have not accepted my help by pressing the accept button located on your screen after an answer has been given, I will opt out and move on to help others who are wanting genuine paid assistance. Just Answer is not free and experts are only paid by your acceptance okay. At any time, you may request further info and ask questions if you feel the need, even after accepting, this is not a problem.

The rotor position sensor on your washing machine is stuffed basically.

The repair will be around $300 easy, even more if you get Fisher Paykel out to do it.

A new Fisher Paykel is about $550, with 2 years warranty on the entire machine, so think long and hard before you decide to go ahead and repair this.

The computer card above the motor underneath the machine is the rotor position sensor, it has probably corroded away as they usually do, but if not, the electronic values that it is sending to the controller are incorrect, meaning it is stuffed....

If the sensor turns out to be okay, it will be the main controller, even more $$$$

Here is the fault code for your reference...

graphic

For the parts:
Contact The Experts

STATEWIDE APPLIANCES

Please have your Make & Model number readily avaliable
when contacting us or visiting us.

All Brands (Non LG)

Phone 1800 250 911
AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech.