Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Australia Whitegoods

Our Daikin Split system is not working properly, the inside

Customer Question
unit switches on but the...
Our Daikin Split system is not working properly, the inside unit switches on but the outside compressor does not switch on.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
12/12/2011
AU Appliance Technician: AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician replied 5 years ago
AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
Hi there and thank you for your question,

Are there any fault codes coming up on the AC or the AC remote??

As in, flashing lights or letters/numbers?

When switching the DAIKIN INVERTER unit on there is the yellow light that comes on first and room temperature air flows out of the unit then after about 5 minutes a greenish light starts blinking(This was happening when my husband first switched it on after not being used for a while). Now the unit switches on and its light comes on and stays on but the air is still room temperature and compressor still does not turn on. I have switched off the main breaker and turned it on after a few minutes and then turned on the a/c on using the remote. No codes or anything comes up on the remote.

Kind Regards,

R. Sawers

Is the green light blinking a certain amount of times, with a pause in the middle and then flashing the same amount of times again>??

How old is the unit roughly please?
The green light is not flashing anymore its still just blowing room temp air. My husband said he did not take notice of how many times the green light was blinking when it happened so my apologies. The units were here before my mum and dad bought the house in which was in about 2005 so +6 years. I will shut off unit at the breaker and try again in the morning.
Thanks, ***** ***** await your reply,,

Switched breaker on and inside unit came same as yesterday and compressor still not working. When unit starts up the green light blinks 3 times and stops on 3rd blink, when switching unit off it blinks twice and shuts off ond 2nd blink.

Thanks

See if you can run the following test and get a full error code okay,,

Once you have the code, let me know and I will give you the fault okay
graphic
Okay so I conducted the (Check Method 1) and the code that came up on the remote was L5.
Hi there again.

The fault code is as follows, seems there is a fault with the controller on the outside unit, that is why the compressor wont run**

Youll be needing a visit from a repair service for this kind of thing unfortunately... as parts will need to be substituted for testing purposes etc..

graphic
AUSSIE- Repair Tech.

Do you know of any repair companies you can refer here in queensland that are close to deception bay 4508

Thanks

Probably best to go through Daikin direct for this kind of repair, other services will up the cost of parts and charge you extra on top okay,

Daikin will direct you to the nearest Daikin dealer in your area/region...

Here:

Daikin
After Sales Service / Spare Parts
Phone:1300 362 438
Email:*****@******.***

Thank you very much for your assistance...

You are most welcome, best of luck.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech.