Australia Whitegoods

Australian Whitegoods Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Australia Whitegoods

Why does my lg washing machine fuzzy logic 6.5kg top loader

Customer Question
leave black leathery sludge in...
Why does my lg washing machine fuzzy logic 6.5kg top loader leave black leathery sludge in our wash? It happens after most washes, worse after heavy loads.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Australia Whitegoods
6/25/2011
AU Appliance Technician: AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Technician
AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

Run a pure hot wash and Epsom salts through the machine (no clothes) and let it run on the longest wash cycle... this will dissolve all alkaline deposits that have built up and started to turn yucky behind the drum on the outer tub. Try using less powder and less softener in your washing... The problem is related to front loaders not using much powder compared to the water intake (much less than normal) After a few years, the detergents build up and start to turn yucky as they it forms a film inside the outer tub..

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

Also, sometimes the magnesium plate on the rear of the drum starts to break down also,,, not a good sign* (impending bearing failure))

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

Another trick is to run a load of hot water once in a while to just keep the insides clean,, I use 1-2 liters on vinegar as opposed to Epsom salts,,, as I add vinegar to the washing because it is also a softener and anti static agent for fabrics.. not to mention it also dissolves Alkaline build ups from detergents*

AUSSIE- Repair Tech. :

This is about all you can really do without pulling it apart and cleaning it by hand ( very expensive in labor)

Customer:

Ok. Great. Thanks for the advice. I will try that today.

AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech.